Sunday, December 18, 2011

day turned into darkness

Dec. 16, 2011 (Friday)

It was just another ordinary, getting busy with students' Christmas party and for the Education week presentation. Everyone in school were so hyped for the day's activities without knowing that something big and tragic is about to come. The day was gloomy and cold winds touched my skin. I arrived school early and was quite uneasy already. I felt silence and somewhat something's up. I was busy during the day because of stuff, specifically documents to prepare for. In spite of a busy day, I see smiles and happy faces from the people around me. It was a bit uncomfortable.

Co-teachers and I were getting ready for the upcoming presentation late in the afternoon. We were busy doing make-up and taking pictures before the program starts. It started to rain. We were not expecting the rain to pour down hard.

After a few minutes, we went off to the venue for the program. I felt tensed and even my co-performers were tense on what is going to happen during presentation. We gave our best on our performance even if our music was stopped. It was getting more tense and emotions indescribable. It was still raining but the wind was kinda hitting hard on our umbrellas. After the presentation, my friend and I went ahead to eat dinner.

After having dinner, i went off to go home. It took me a while to find my ride. It was getting more tense and mixed emotions. I arrived home then immediately got dressed for sleep because i just had a very tiring day.


Dec. 17, 2011
around 1-3am

I was uneasy sleeping, awakened by the cry of Johann and the rain outside. I never expected that it was already a typhoon. I still went to sleep, too tired to stand up.

Upon waking up in the morning, i then found out that it was a very tragic morning. disappointing part is that my phone was out and i didn't hear from people outside. When Johann and I went off to the mall, i saw along the streets the mess that the typhoon caused. It was not a normal flood. It was more like a tidal wave that washed off everything on land and even the people in nearby rivers and streams.




..up to this moment, i still can't believe what just happened. Was it for real? all the while i thought it was just a nightmare. How i wish it was all just a dream, a nightmare, a day turned into darkness...

No comments:

Post a Comment